Friday, September 7, 2012

Reinforment/TGIF

Happy Friday everyone ... Let's Talk about It!
Mrs. Obama struck a cord with me at the DNC. Rewards aren't given to the those who try to take the easy way out, the ones who are constantly looking for shortcuts, or complaining with the 'poor me' bouts. I was one of those for a time in my life, it seemed the accomplishments weren't coming fast enough, and not being grateful enough for the obvious good that was in my life, and my accomplishments. The easy way out, seems dishonest, somewhat sneaky and downright crooked.  Humility is something that makes us all better people, which enables us to be humble and sincere.

Life is about struggle, hard work speaks about dedication, in knowing that it's about going above and beyond the call of duty. When you put forth that valiant effort, some days 24 hours doesn't quite seem enough to get the work done. A goal is an achievement, to always reach for something, to focus on the finish line, a destination. You must always reach back to pull the next person up, it's called a shoulder, and be it that you're leaning or standing on, it's about reinforcement. This world is built and based on structure and principle. It's the collective effort that holds a land together, for no man is an island, let us all be conscious of the power that we affect on each other.

What Are You Doing With Your Life?



10 comments:

  1. I've got so much work to. This weeks DNC was motivational to mee too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u hon for your wonderful inspirational Friday message. I appreciate you. Have a great day today.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kev' such words and you exude humility. I'm happy to know you. Thanks for this timely TGIF.
    Much love,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. great stuff, I look forward to more for you, and I continue to be inspired.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynden is a nice touch to go along with your TGIF words of encouragement. I always look forward to see what you have to say. Good stuff Mister Knighton.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love it. I've been onboard with your writing since 2009, you've never let me done. Pls keep it coming.
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect Timing. Thanks again friend.
    lb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynden David Hall looks a lot like Nat King Cole. I love his voice and I loved your TGIF. God bless you.
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. really good stuff. I loveed the complete tgif and the song was an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you give us life kevin, you help to keep us steady on course, so I can say that I always appreciate your words, though I don't know if they always personally speak to my life, certainly the speak of a way to stay focused and also teaches us how to be present. thanks again
    Mari Jo

    ReplyDelete