Thursday, January 10, 2013

Command Performance



Just another reminder of how great this lady really was, how gifted she truly was, how she elevated the barto standards unattainable.  She will forever be in a league of her own.  This performance of Whitney Houston at the Billboard Awards show in Dec 1991 she kills it in this performance of "Lover Man/All The Man I Need".  The performance was of true powerhouse standards, she looked amazing, sang her lungs out and captivated her audience to a rousing Standing Ovation, her clarity, her range, her delivery, her presence, she was born for Hollywood, a regal SUPERSTAR.  Elegance personafied.  Truly she was not something of this earth, she was sent from the Heavens to shine down on us, for only a brief moment.  Enjoy~

14 comments:

  1. A Masterpiece, I never followed Whitney Houston, but I must say that she's really at the top of her game. Her voice was perfection. A true talent. God rest her soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tears, such a exquisite performance and timeless she sang this in 1991 and it's still very relivant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney was a tiny woman, with a HUGE voice, and when she sang a song she REALLY made it her own, and delivered time and time again.
    Jas

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice performance. she seemed so happy and innocent then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whitney whitney whitney why? i really wished you had retired instead of the doing your comeback I look to you cd. I think you would have survived the music industry and the pressures that come with it.
    when I look at this performance, I see happiness, I see enjoyed and I see innocence. The music industry stole the core of you ..

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. RIP Whitney. You could really sing ... great performance

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfectionist! Her voice was EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I always loved this performance. Whitney was on her a-game. I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. she was a vocal genius, sister sledge sang all the man that I need first, and it was average at best, then Whitney wrap her vocals around it, and the rest is history. thanks for posting this live performance, I didnt know that it existed, she was pure genius.
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous performance
    deric

    ReplyDelete
  11. ive had this on repeat all day, thanks for making it a great day for me.
    Kashif

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your command performane pieces, they are always a treat. thx
    cj

    ReplyDelete
  13. what wasted talent. some people are given too much, and dont appreciate the blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love her miss her, and respect her always.

    ReplyDelete