Monday, January 21, 2013

Always Be My Baby ...

Dearest Whitney,
Hello gorgeous today our President Obama will be sworn in as the 44th President of the United States.  I wish you were here to sing the national anthem instead of Beyonce' Knowles.  I miss you so much, I watched some more of your old footage, this weekend I was stuck on the 1991 Billboard Awards where you sang Lover Man/All The Man I Need omg that performance is twenty years old, but it still holds up, your look and delivery seem so present day.  I also discovered a rare gem you singing D.J. Rogers 'Say You Love Me' in 1994 on the Bodyguard tour, I never heard you sing that song, it was a smoking rendition.  You could sing anything and make it yours, all from that tiny little frame and that gigantic flawless smile.  Even though you gave us over 25 years of your greatness, selfish people like me, still wanted more and more, then I quickly realize that I fall into that group who often wanted more of you than perhaps you could give, so the inevitable happened, it was time for you to move on to the next phase of your journey.  I thank you, and I will forever hold you in the utmost of esteem, you helped shaped my life, and I'll never forget you for that.  Time and time again, I say that I hope that you're finding the peace that you so richly and rightly deserve.  Until next week my beautiful princess, rest easy, and I'll be seeing you~

11 comments:

  1. great shot of Whitney, she was fiercely beautiful. Quietfire use to beat her face for the Gods, omg, America lost a truly great artist.
    Cashmere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot saucey Diva serving up as only she can, always in demand. Whitney knew all of her capabilites. A singing national treasure.
      Thomas

      Delete
  2. Whitney so lovely, so talented and very crazy. she could laugh so loud and she was damn sure engaging. i miss her. rip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss her more and more everyday. she was amazing.

      Delete
    2. I don't know why I like it, I just do:) Whitney always brought the heat and took us along for the lovingly ride.
      Chas

      Delete
  3. thanks for your weekly update and to keep the focus on Whitney in a positive way. I always love coming to your blog, because I know that you're always going to keep it positive about Whitney Houston. I think most people fave her a bad rap, end of the day, she should only be judged for her voice, her personal life was none of out business. I love you Nippy. Rip
    Luther

    ReplyDelete
  4. RIP Whit, still can't believe that you're gone. I pray for Bobbi Kristina and your family.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIP Nippy. Love you miss you, and we're praying for Bobbi Kris

      Delete
  5. great picture of the lovely lady whitney elizabeth houston, may God take care of her transcendation. she was magical.
    ty

    ReplyDelete
  6. how lovingly affectionate you are in your love for Whitney Houton, she would be pleased. I love and miss her so much, still very hard to beliee and accept.
    Gale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's always gonna be our baby in our hearts and cleary in our minds. rip

      Delete