Thursday, January 3, 2013

Open Letter - Happy New Year

Hello everyone, and Happy New Year to you. 
I'm back, and ready to tell my story, to take on 2013, and share with you stories that are on my mind, things that are happening in the world as they happen.  2012 was a swift year, we lost some major heavyweights, the biggest loss for me was Whitney Houston, but of course for all of you who visit my blog, you already know that. 

This year I encourage you to strive for quality in your life, also let your word be your bond.  We're living in crazy dangerous times, make sure the people that you cling to are worthy of your time and space, never allow anyone to make you second guess yourself.  Whatever your beliefs are, continue to honor that, the prayer is the messenger. 

I had an interesting text convo yesterday while waiting on my flight, I was misquoted by someone who I use to be very close to, as I grow older, I find the need for accuracy and honesty, ironically those words doesn't seem to matter so much to everyone.   My mantra is stand firm, stand tall, move in a forward pace, erect, honest and raw.  Back to my point, I told person that of my many jobs is 'Entertainment Consultant', I shared that I booked a job for someone we both know,  instead of asking what that meant, he gave it a title that made sense in his mind, he called me an 'Agent' and their the attacks begun, I was a liar, I was mad, and was told to let his words marinate, oh and I was also told 'g'day' as his ended his text.  LOL at the end of day, again I say to you, to know your truths, NOT according to someone elses comfort or lack of understanding.  That kind of energy is TOXIC, and not a healthy situation to be in, as I move on, to the good, better, best ... I move with the understanding that I am one of God's chosen, when evil rise against me, they will stumble and fall.  A clash of texts isn't the arena for adult conversations.  I left the dysfunctional bi-polar, low self esteem, self hatred friendship in the past and the negative text yesterday ..... made my position VERY clear, its NOT me, it's YOU!

Thanks again to you my followers for walking this journey called life with me, ss we go forward we can communicate, some days agreeing to disagree, but allowing the other to at least hear one another, just don't misquote me.  Lastly friendships are 'chosen' evaluate whats rich in your life, and if you have a taxing toxic friendship, I say way the pros and cons.  Put your first, worthy relationships prevail.
Happy New Year  .... KK



22 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Kevin, you should address the third paragraph on your show, I think people would greatly benefit for the open dialogue. You seem to have set yourself up for the argument, if a friend is toxic as you put it, why give your time to a situation not deserving of you. Practice what you preach.
    Olivier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Kev' and welcome back. Looking forward to the possibilities of this year. Last year you spoke about friendships being 'chosen' it's your choice to end them too.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lack of understanding on both parts, you could have explained the difference, but it sounds like the friendship isn't that important to you. Life is too short for wasted time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if it was a friend, why didnt he know what you did for a living? doesn't sound like stable grounding to begin with, maybe you're better off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont sweat the small stuff. seems immature and petty. move on with your life. Happy 2013

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds jealous that you won't book him a job.
    anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just ask yourself what could you have done to make the exchange positive? Move from there.
    Happy New Year my friend.

    D'gabriel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Friend IS choice, make your decision and stand by it with no apologies.
    Renae'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kevin I love the picture, the grey hsir works. How old are you now? Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  10. New year, New situations, and new conquests.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your instagram picture, circa = timeless.
    giving energy to poisoness friendships is demonic, let it go and let God.
    Happy New Year.

    Miki

    ReplyDelete
  12. great shot kev. I want a copy.

    diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the picture of you. Very sexxy and distinguised.

      Delete
  13. fuk just sleep together and get past the tension. this shit isnt rocket science, it's clear that it's deeper than a friendship. snap out of it already.

    stewart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Stewart, seems like sexual tension.
      Lainie

      Delete
  14. Happy New Kevin. You friend seems like an incredible immature jerk. Recently I had a similar issue with a friend, well lets say ex-friend, suddenly my life was better in that instant, I suggest you do the same.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  15. New year Kev, old ways, wrong words seem petty, don't look back, doesn't seem like the frienship is worth it.
    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's about choice, make your decision and stand firm. Do not let anyone drain your soul.
    Emily Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's not a marriage its a friendship that sounds like it has run it's course, appreciate the good times, things change, not everyone will understand why things happen. Be true to you.

    Petik

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dont change, some people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you. Doesn't sound like your ex friend was ever interested in knowing the core you, his loss.
    auresyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks everyone for your feedback, all were very helpful. My decision is made. We live in a very cynical world. For me friendship is about 'choice', to learn through the most difficult situations, without regret when a lesson has been learned. Thanks again. Happy New Year!
    KK

    ReplyDelete