Thursday, January 17, 2013

Goodbye ole Friends

Pauline Phillips  born on July 4, 1918, in Sioux City, Iowa better known as Dear Abby advice columnist, born on July 4, 1918, in Sioux City, Iowa died Wednesday (January 16-2013) at the age of 94 after a decade-long struggle with Alzheimer’s disease.  RIP


Conrad Bain better known as Mr. Drummond on the hit sitcom Diffrent Strokes passed away January 16-2012 he died of natural causes in Livermore, California. He was 89.

Jack Klugman known affectionately as Quincy M.E. and Oscar Madison on the Odd Couple. Born April 27-1922 - December 24-2012 at 90 years old.
Legendary character actor Charles Durning of stage and screen passed away December 25-2012 of natural cases.  He was 89.  Durning, who overcame poverty, battlefield trauma and nagging self-doubt to become an acclaimed character actor, whether on stage as Big Daddy in “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” or in film as the lonely widower smitten with a cross-dressing Dustin Hoffman in “Tootsie,”, he died on  at his home in Manhattan.




5 comments:

  1. I loved all three of the gentleman mentioned here. It seems like a passing of the torch, the old familiars arepassing on, I guess to make way for the new breed. I thank them for years of comforting performances, they really did helped to shape my childhood. RIP
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr.Drummond was warm and tender, and very convincing. I always believed him to be geniune. RIP sir.
    Van

    ReplyDelete
  3. People always tell me that I remind them of Oscar Madison, because i'm so grouchy. I'm not really grouchy, I just hate dumb shit. rip Jack Klugman

    Keiron

    ReplyDelete
  4. all four of these personalities added a lot of life to the world. When I read your blog today, I was saddened. We didn't come to stay, and the beauty that I'm happy to see is that they all lived long rewarding lives, but we as humans continue to want more and more. I will miss them all, but I will never forget their contributions. Thanks for posting.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. charles durning was a very lovable actor, he was always easy to love and always turned in respectable work. rip
    Dirk

    ReplyDelete