Thursday, September 10, 2009

Command Performance

Long before the Superbowl fiasco, this performance was ON point. At this particular time in the world, MTV was still jocking Janets nutts, she was the chosen guest for their ICON show. This performance captured Janet at the very top of her game, and she was still hungry to conquer uncharted waters. When I think of incredible dancers that I've witnessed in my lifetime at the top of that list is Michael Jackson, James Brown, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Bob Fosse,Cyd Charisse,Debbie Allen, Michael Peters, Madonna, Usher, Paula Abdul, Gene Kelly, Chris Brown, Ciara, Mya, Jody Watley and the ever sexy Janet Jackson. No one can take away from what she's accomplished, nor will a questionable moment at the Superbowl belittle her legacy. Janet I can't wait to see what you do next. Kudos to you.

1 comment:

  1. I love this video, Janet was doing her thang thang. She was so small and on point. All for You....

    ReplyDelete