Friday, September 25, 2009

Glass Mirrors/TGIF

Happy TGIF everyone,
Can someone please tell summer, that fall is here? UGH

I use to always say that I wanted to live in a glass house, but with that wish comes other things, like could I live up to those expectations? There's something to be said about the voyeur in all of us.. Looking glass and mirrors hold many of our truths, that we often try to hide. The up side is that you can challenge yourself to soar and achieve greater heights than originally known or intended.

Day by day in life the obstacles only get harder, and to stay positive is often a bleak situation, which more and more speaks to your capabilities and strengths. On beak days, I say that you 'must' have a strong foundation around you, and not just anyone, your 'true' core group. The ones who will not blow smoke, but the ones who are not afraid to tell you that your sh-t stinks. Honesty is so cleansing. Are we always in the position to hear the truth? Most say yes, but that's not really true. Perfection will never be achieved here on earth, now you can get close to it, but most people will never truly be satisfied with their success or status.

I like to dream with my ears open, now think about that for a moment. You're sound asleep but hearing every sound around you. Imagine a glass house on the shore with water gushing. When you re that much at peace you can go to the unknown, and you'll find that it's always a different trip and route than the time before. With mirrors and glass reflection is almost 'instant' it forces you to be aware of your movements, your flow and the motivation behind it all. Introspective is to truthfully answer, are your desires always drawn from the place of good intentions?

Reflection is the essence to your inner soul, what you give out to the universe only comes back half to you, and half to someone else, being well prepared is where completion comes into play. Stop and look in the mirror or hold a nice glass paper weight, feel the tones and the strength of it. What are your tones, when a looking glass is presented in the form of a mirror, what do you really see? if allowed to live a long life, you'll notice the fine wrinkles, some would call it wisdom, you'll come to know that the skin isn't as tight, but might be more radiant with the discoveries as some mysteries have unfolded.

As I sit here typing this, the more that I ponder in my thoughts, I think that my original wish and thought process to live in a glass house, is not such a unrealistic wish, it just forces me to be a better person with stronger convictions, to push forth the envelope to find the answers to questions, that I'm not suppose to understand, to manifest cultures and thoughts that are not always 'acceptable' and to stand up in protest against millions who wont always agree with me. At the end of the day 'ordinary' isn't something that any of us came here to be. Will you embark on this journey and thought process with me? If so let me know where you land, I'd love to hear your story.

What are you doing with your life?

8 comments:

  1. I certainly will do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm striving to be better everyday Kevin. Yes I will embark on this journey with you. As usual, youve provided great food for thought.
    Katana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man you are really reaching hard, this is a lighter moment. Process whatever you need to, and come back to us. We need it pimpin.

    jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kevin, you seem to be really growing up, your mother would so proud of you. Sometimes when I read your words, I say to myself, did he always have this in him, or is it something newfound? Then I think of your mom, and I know that you had to have it all along, because so was such a brilliant lady with strong convictions. I miss her soo much. Keep on journey to seek truth, in the most high. The Gods are watching over you.

    Dora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in for the journey Brother.
    James

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good shit baby boy! Wonderful even! Very deep...but all so true. I almost start to feel as if you are getting this stuff from somewhere else but, I know better. Then again...you do have a few angels around you who can easily inspire and transcend their thoughts through you. So maybe you are getting it from somewhere else or someone or maybe sometwo else. I know that last part doesn't make sense but, you get the point right? As far as living in a glass house or a house of mirrors...try having kids...talk about a reflection. They take on all your traits good and bad. I find myself trying to minimize as many bad habits as possible because I know they are always watching and mimicking, always. You've got it Kev...now let's see what you do with it. All that talk and no walk makes me say hhmmm. Holla at yah boy.
    Ruel

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! POWERFUL.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  8. it'a always a journey to the unknown with you, and it always keeps me coming back.

    ReplyDelete