Monday, February 4, 2013

Always Be My Baby ...

Dearest Whitney,
What a week of discovery it has been.  Now your life and struggles became CRYSTAL clear, you endured so much.  All you really wanted to do was sing your songs and to be loved for who you are.  Seems like a simple request, but nothing was that easy.  Your mother's book came out last week, and she was on every show that would have her, and boy was she talking, pointing fingers but never looking in the mirror.  Bobbi Kristina went on twitter encouraging her following not to purchase Cissy Houston's book, saying that it was disrespectful to you, needless to say the relationship between she and Cissy is past a little 'Iffy', according to Cissy, they rarely talk, she went on to call Kriss a hot head thinking that she knows everything.  Her big interview was with Oprah, and she had Momma O's jaw on the floor with some of her answers.  Michael also appeared on the show, and Nippy he looks bad, I'm praying for him.  He told Oprah that it was he, who got you started doing drugs, and that it was in the late 80's and everyone was doing it, but he didn't realize that it was harmful and that eventually it would take its toll.  He went on to say that he's living but he's not alive and that he tried to take his life when you passed.  In the interview with your mom, she went on to say that she didn't care for Robyn Crawford, she didn't care for Bobby Brown, and that if you were gay, she would not have accepted you period, point blank, again shocking Momma O.  Here's my take on why you had to go, which I COMPLETELY understand  ...

Whitney being on drugs ... annnnnnnd for that long was a shock. When I looked at that interview with her mother, I saw conflict and turmoil, which often happens when devout Christians go overboard with their faith. Bottom line my baby Whitney was gay and not strong enough in her convictions to stand up to her demanding and demeaning mother, because of her beliefs and the needing for Whitney to appear, wholesome, perfect AND heterosexual.   She's finally at piece, while her mother is left here to toll and deal with her own personal demons. The life of Whitney Houston is an American triumphant and personal tragedy.

You deserved better from people than you ever got, and I'm so sorry that things we take for granted, wasn't afforded to you, like UNCONDITIONAL love from your mother.  I'm really grateful knowing all the things that I now know, I'm shocked that we had you for as long as we did.  I pray for Michael, Gary, Krissi and Cissy for healing, direction, forgiveness and understanding. Rest easy my beautiful Princess, until next week, which marks the 1 year of your transition.

16 comments:

  1. Kevin my dear, Cissy was too much! I was shocked to hear her say that she wouldn't accept Whitney & Robin together! That Church shit really is phoney...love is love & I know someone who said Whitney was at her happiest with Robin. U were quite right when u said Cissy was kinda jealous of her own daughter's success. Her body language told all especially when Michael told all...I love love love my Whitney so much & really get her. She suffered a lot & was strong. The music industry like to control! People need to wake up & embrace who they are, don't live your life to appease others! My my my Cissy really is old school & she'll continue to have problems with Bobby Kriss who's so modern. NBL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweetie Pie,
    I sisnt watch tge Ciasy interview, or the Bobbi Kristina one, and avoided as many of the Jackson family ones when they aired. I dont lnow; Whitney (and Michael) just endured so much, its kind of heartbreaking to listen to it all to me. As for Miss Ciss, I did see the clip where she said she would have been "unamused"(or whatwver) if Whitney had been gay, and my trspect for her plummetted. I just dont know how as a parent you can deny your child. Ugh. Its completely sad if Whitney felt firced to deny herself all those years, and tge rough time she had was a resukt of that. But I hope she felt loved and catrd for by some soecial person(s) in her life, whether we jnew about it or not. Lets hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her mother wasnt nice when I met her her and Whitney was lije a child around her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you really believe that she coukd not be herself with her Mom. They seemed to be close. What interview was this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Kevin, I told a friend the sane thing. You daw how Oprah kept asking her, so you wouldnt accept it at all, Oprah was almost amazed. Thats why she said, almost sarcastically, so did you like Bobby? As if to say so it was better to have her with a man that spit on her and treated her like shit, than to be with a good woman. She did really have a valid reason why she did not like Robin. Whitney just wanted to be high to escape her reality. Yes she is at peace now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew something was not being revealed tgrough her life as living, and I am too , glad that she is resting @ peace, knowing that she no longer has to gight with those immitators and fakers as "christians" or whatever tge hell religion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a tragedy. Smdh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciss Oiss is a Miss Mess .. Talking about she doesnt need tge money , lady pls quut with your antics. You basically killed your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. RIP Whitney, we loved you unconditionally for you being you, so what if your mother didnt or coulnt. She has to answer fir that on her own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn. .... That's all I can say. I only saw 30 mins of it but what I saw I can definitely see what you saw. I can't imagine what her brother may be feeling on an hourly basis. ...pure torture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I told my friend that Cissy still seems rigid and cold after Whitney's death. knowing she played a role in Whitney's, she still shows no sign of remorse. I would have loved for Oprah to ask some questions of depth. Lets talk about how your "values" and lack of acceptance contributed to Whitney's addiction. Since she wants to write a book about it, supposedly not for the money. "Why would I be jealous? I made her." Oprah was looking at her like, "Poor Whitney...had to deal with this crazy hoe for 48 years".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! This is something!! Thanks for sending me this! I BELIEVE EVERY WORD TO BE TRUE!! it's amazing...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you on that 100%. ...cissy came off as a shady old #### to me... Totally classless of her to basically out her dead daughter to sell a book... After years of apparently shaming her into living a life of untruth and pain...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're spot on!!!!! When Black or White( although I don't care about them )people go overboard with their religion. Robin was her true Love. And notice......I believe Robin was older. She says she met her when Whitney was 16.
    And so she was always in rebellion from her bible totting hypercritical mother (who you need LOVE from.) And who never let her be grown ( which really means respecting her ideas and needs)
    As I said we were lucky to have her as long as we did.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cssy is just old and being true to her generation, my grandmotger is the same way God bless her, when she's on one, I leave or Ignore. Cissy never understood why hr daughter never wanted to be around her, its because she could never be hersrlf.

    ReplyDelete