Monday, February 11, 2013

Always Be My Baby ...

Dearest Whitney
I've been writing this weekly letter to you since you went away.  Today marks the one year mark of your untimely demise.  Saturday February 11 - 2012 around 3pm (ish) my cell phone starting vibrating off the hook, I was working at the time, so I didn't really pay attention to my cell phone, when I did glance at my the number of texts that I had, I thought to myself, wow I'm getting a lot of damn texts today, when I started to look at the names, I started to see names of people that I shared old friendships with some from at least twenty years ago, so many names, when I started to see duplicate names, I assumed that maybe some of my friends parents had passed away, or something like that. 
Never in my wildest dreams was I ever mentally prepared to hear the news of your ...... I was NUMB, I couldn't breathe, I was angry, I was obviously sad, and hurt for you, I was pissed that no one was there for you, like they should have been, I was mad that you were in Los Angeles, I was mad that you ever recorded your "I Look To You" project and I was heartbroken.  Adding insult to injury was some of the people that were calling me, were some of your biggest haters, all of a sudden they were sad, all of sudden they loved you,  I didn't return their phone calls, and if they were lucky enough to get me, I made them remain authentic in their hate, why be a damn hypocrite.  The vultures never gave you a moment of peace, Chaka Khan questioned, where were your handlers, who in their right mind would allow someone who battled drug addiction, to be in Los Angeles for a entire week partying before a Gala appearance, she knew that in LA, you could get any party that you wanted started, and snakes lurk everywhere.  I just couldn't understand how Pat, Gary and Uncle Ray could drop the ball, on your safety, after all you were their cash cow, the one who kept everything running.  I had so many hopes and dreams, that you would make it and beat the demon, that you would get rid of all the dead weight that was holding you down. 

The pressures of "I Look To You" and the flack that you endured from your last tour really took it's toll on you.  For some reason, I never realized that you really cared what the public perception of you was, I thought you had a strong group of industry peer friends, but they failed you too, or you cut them off.  I resented the "I Look To You" project because I think the old bad habit group of friends were invited back to the party:(  When I think of your Mother, I think of my Mom, who would not give a damn, how much money that I had, who I 'thought' I was, or what I instructed my staff to do, she would have gotten to me, to save my life OR she would have been the one to take my life.  A few weeks ago your mother released her book, then so many more questions were answered as to why ....
I really think that Robyn Crawford and your father John Houston, had they stayed around in your life, I think that you would still be here today, and even though I always knew that Bobby Brown wasn't the one who got you started on drugs, he just was NEVER good for you, just a jealous, envious, evil hanger on.  I know Blame is easy to place, we all have our choices, you lived your life~but I don't want to be mature today, I'm pissed!

You gave and gave, until you could no longer give, God saw your pain and suffering, and knew that he had much more to offer you.  Today marks my last weekly letter to you, but please always know that you're always in my heart, always know that I've always had unconditional love for you, always know that I appreciate your artistry, beauty, grace, strength and I'm sorry that we as a people failed you.  I know that you're now with God, your father and countless other family and friends.  To God be The Glory because Whitney Elizabeth Houston roamed the earth with me for over 27 years.  Ill be seeing you, and I shall NEVER forget you - EVER!

31 comments:

  1. Your love fir Whitney is sooooooooo RAW and REAL! Today has to be very hard for you. Hang in there! We love WHitney!!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take comfort in knowing that she's NOW at peace! FINALLY

      Delete
    2. She's finally at peace. I miss her so much. That incredible talent will never be forgotten. She was HERE and she left her mark of GREATNESS!

      Delete
  2. RIP Nippy youre twending lije crazy on Twitter ... We remember your baby always. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney forever! RIP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forever Love For Always Eternal Love and Aspirations.
      RIP

      Delete
    2. REST IN PEACE MY BEAUTIFUL!!!!
      Ill think of you every step of the way ....
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Kevin my my my what a great letter, what a great picture AND .... OMG the video had me BALLING at my desk. I never heard that song before. Its like she knew that she was going to die. Its a haunting song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RIP Whitney Houston ... One year ago today your passing broke our hearts. We are still mourning your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kevin whoa this letter eas VERY powerful and honest. I love when you give unedited thoughts, today no political correctness, you are speaking through your pain, thats the only way to really heal. All who know you realize just how deeply affect you were/are by her death.
    I hope it gets easier for you.

    She truly was special and one of a kind.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodbyes are very hard. Today fans all over the world are morning her loss! We will never forget her greatness!

    She's now our Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her star will forever shine. She is Eternal, hurt and cry no more. rip

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular Voice and a Beautiful Soul that seemed to have lost her way... RIP always and may your beautiful music, out shine the miseries in your life !!!! I will always remember the good, AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture and Video. Thsnk you for loving Whitney sooo much. Its very apparent that she was loved by you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cant believe that its already been a year, my pain is still real and fresh! I will never forget her.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. RIP Nippy!
    Kevin your letter and video was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the video and pics!!! Thank you Whitney for all the joy you bring to my life...
    Ill never forget you.
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  14. Incredible looks, incredible smike, incredible presence!
    She will forever be missed. Eternally Whitney! Momma Im missing you much today! Tears keep streaming down my face. RIP
    Dirk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved your heart felt letter. You should your heart and vulnerabilities which is so important as a writer. Im sure she loved having you in her corner.
    God rest her soul.

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its easy to blame when the life was so well dicumented, yet I still believe that she did what she wanted to doand ultimately met with the fate she was destined with. The life of an addict is a constant battle that she didnt over come. I love and miss her dearly, she is missed greatly. Her battles are over. She's finally at peace.
    Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  17. Her brilliance is missed in this industry. Truly one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Last year when I got the call about Whitney's passing . My heart broke and I never will recover, she deserved so much better that the media gave her. She has no more worries niw, she's free!
    Danny

    ReplyDelete
  19. This day last year and today EQUALLY as painful. Whitney Im missing and Loving YOU!
    Rest IN Peace!
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  20. A few stolen moments is all that we shared .....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Her smile is forever etched in my heart. When I think of her, I smile! She really changed my life. She made a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are lived Whitney Houston, I sincerely hope that you knew that! RIP

    ReplyDelete
  23. One Year Later ... The world is still mourning your loss. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  24. One year and counting , I am forever missing you. Love you MEAN IT!
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ill be seeing you, in all the old familiar places ....
    Ill be looking at the moln, but Ill be seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. yeah, I went to ur blog for your part of the story...you are a true devotee to Miss Whitney...be at peace my friend

    ReplyDelete