Saturday, February 9, 2013

From Day One - Remembering

It's 1993, the night of the Billboard Awards, Legendary Iconic Superstar Whitney Houston was on the radio hard and deep for the entire year.  The excitement was in the air at the Shrine Auditorium,and I was like a little kid in a candy story, I was so excited that I was there, during intermission I noticed Whitney walking down the isle she was dressed all in red with long curly hair flowing and on her arm was her then-husband Bobby Brown.  Closer to the end of the evening Whitney took to the stage to do a LIVE rendition of her "I Have Nothing" hit, she sang the hell out of that song, she gave a thunderous performance and had the entire auditorium on their feet, the Standing Ovation seemingly went on for hours.  After her performance Quincy Jones presented her with a record breaking 11 Billboard Awards.  It was a stellar night for a wonderful lady, and capped off a terrific year, her Bodyguard movie and soundtrack broke records EVERYWHERE, it was a phenomenal global success.  I will NEVER forget Whitney Houston - EVER!

14 comments:

  1. OMG she sang the hell out of that song. She was soooooo good! We miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stories Kevin. Your love for her is soooo transparent.
    RIP Whitney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant believe that its been a yr since Nippy went away. I loved that girl.
    Kamaal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still cant get over the loss of WHITNEY! rip

      Delete
  4. One year ago my heart broke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Whitney stories. We will always love Whitney Houston. I dont think music will ever be tge same. She was super special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Have Nothing - CLASSIC masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CBS is doing a special on Whitney. A later she is still on our minds.
    RIP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im watching CNN , why do they always put Whitney's life under scrutiny? Fucking jerks. Let her rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Music is not the dame without Whitney Houston. She had the magic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Grammp party dt Clives tonight sucked! I WANT Whitney back! Its NOT fair.

    ReplyDelete