Thursday, November 15, 2012

Command Perfomance

This song has always been a childhood favorite of mine, which is beyond my years, my great uncle Alvin who turned me on to such diverse genre's of in my life, turned me on to this song.  I like the melancholy feel to it, love is always such highs and lows, and it's one of the only things that makes life truly worth living.  Glen Campbell's tenderness in delivery of 'By The Time I Get To Phoenix' gives me chills, it brings all the emotions of true love, longing and the unfortunate ending of an unrequited love affair. Campbell's lush orchestration really sets the mood to drown your sorrows and heartbreak in a nice bottle of red wine, pour yourself a glass, and get out your hankerchief, it's one of those moments.  Tears are cleansing, let the healing begin:-)


3 comments:

  1. great song. moves my heart, so good for the soul.
    Linda Derosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Isaac Hayes version much better, he has more soul.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. great song selection, great lyrics and glen campbell handles the singing duties so well.

    ReplyDelete