Saturday, November 3, 2012

No Shave November ... Cure For Cancer


No this is not some weird Feminist empowerment movement. No Shave November, or “Movember” as it is formally known, is actually a annual movement aimed at raising awareness about the various cancers that affect men.  During November each year, November is responsible for the sprouting of mustaches, beards on thousands of men’s faces, in the US and around the world. With their Mo’s, these men raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men. #NoShaveNovember

This hits very close to home for me, my grandfather Preston succumbed to Pancreatic Cancer and my Grandfather Weldon battled Prostate cancer in 2001 and won.  I encourage all men to get on board with this movement, and get tested regularly, it really could save your life. KK

2 comments:

  1. Kev' I dig it, great shot of you, you're really coming into your own, and I love your conciousness. Thanks for letting your readers inside your private world. It's really good of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. most men arent educated on taking care of themselves, it's very crazy how things can happen. I force my husband every year to get a physical.
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete