Wednesday, November 7, 2012

HOPE !


We live in a big world, and our differences are many.  Whether you are Black, White, Asian, Japanese, Latino, Korean, Mexican the list goes on and on, we are a varied lot of people.  Some of us are Democrats, Republicans, Liberals etc.,  The point is, we have to live in a country that offers democracy, and freedom of speech.  We will never agree on everything, but I know that we are a lover of man and country.  In a world where our children deserve the equal opportunity to be anything that they desire to be, and to dream any dream that they desire to dream.  Racism is taught in the home, and it's an sickness that is long overdue for a cure.  I have faith in God which humbles my heart, because he is all knowing, and I believe that entirely. I have my own set of opinions and values, I was taught to treat everyone as equals, some days I've mastered those lessons other days not so much.  I grew up largely in a Caucasian world, and I have valued friendships with different nationalities. I see the good in people on an individual bases.  Some Republican issues I agree with, but I largely relate more to Democrats, my family/ancestors fought long years to give me the rights that I have today.  What hurts my heart is seeing a nation divided when it comes to a black and white issues.  Rodney King was brutally beaten, we all saw the video, yet the verdict came down NOT GUILTY, O.J. Simpson received a NOT GUILTY verdict, though no tape was recorded of Nicole Simpson and Ronald Brown's murders, yet the non black world thought him to be guilty, you saw the racial divide at work, church, wherever you were, those valued friendships that I have, I saw the difference in their eyes. I pray that we can live together and respect one another.  I HOPE that America gets well soon, lets be very cognizant of the messages that we're teaching in the home and how it affects the world at large, we can collectively rewrite history, to agree and disagree, means that we're open to the conversation, and with that begins the healing process that starts with HOPE.

7 comments:

  1. you are gifted, truly.
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully said, you always get the conversation started, but you end it too soon. I want to you to really address this issue, it's valued.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  3. true words, we have much work to do. it's not such a simple black or white task, we are divided for various reasons, conversation is a good place to begin. God first, the rest will fall into place.
    London

    ReplyDelete
  4. Profound, the race will always be divided, and equality is an optimistic point of view.
    Tonji

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Profound mister

    ReplyDelete
  6. We should learn to live and co-exist with one another. I think mexican and asian families do it best, together they live and eventually all become home owners, because they were willing to help each other, I think we canlearn from them. Hope is available to us, lets be proactive in our growth.
    Trey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im a second grade teacher in Chicago, and if you're ever in the area, I would love for you to come and speak to my class, I think that they would love you. You're such an inspiration. I think you should do the tour circuit, you always give good commentary.

    Ms. Leepre

    ReplyDelete