Monday, October 15, 2012

Always Be My Baby ...

Dearest Whitney,
It's another week without you, time is steadily passing by.  I watched several segments on youtube with Kim Burrell speaking of your friendship, through all the interviews she was consistent and steadfast in her love for you and through every interview the grief pain in losing you was apparent. 
Okay let's talk about last week, Bobbi Kristina announced that she is now engaged to Nick Gordon YES your 'play son' I know that if you were here, you would have a LOT to say about that situation, actually I know that if you were here, this would not have happened.  The Grammy salute tribute to you was filmed last week, your friends Cece Winans and Halle Berry were there, along with Yolanda Adams, Jennifer Hudson, Britney Spears, Usher oh and a video segment of Celine Dion singing "Greatest Love Of All" which I find to be a waste of time, why the eff wasn't she there?  It's like the Grammy tribute tried to reduce you to just being a R&B artist(judging from the lineup), which would be okay if that's what you were, but you're a EFFIN global superstar, and for a large part of your career, most didn't think you were black/soul enough, isn't that ironic.  Still the idea of the tribute was nice, and the nicest touch of the evening was the producer's having the good taste to let you handle the duties of singing "I Will Always Love You" which is how it should ALWAYS be done. Well that's a wrap of the week in my life without you.  Until next week, rest easy sweet beautiful princess.  You are loved and deeply missed. RIP

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I want to follow your blog to Kevin, this is really good works.
      Alfredo

      Delete
  2. this is such a nice weekly note to Whitney. I like that you think outside of the box. very good.
    London

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the sentiment, love the love, and I will always love Whitney.
    allyson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we all love Nippy always and forever
      a. burrell

      Delete
  4. Bobbi Kristina is on the path to self destruction, and in my ut, I don't feel that it will end well. She wants stardom, and hasnt prepared or put the work in, and even if she did put the work in, she's not in her mom's league imo.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to seeing the Grammy special, just to see the performances anytime that they honor Whitney, I will be there.
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  6. missing Whitney every day for the rest of my life, that's how my heart feels.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kevin you have to let her go, she's in a better place. i read your words every week, and all the thigns that you say, it's clear that she was tired, and needed rest. if you love her like you say you do, let her go. Play her records, have your memories, but know that God has her now. She's finally home.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. my heart is with Whitney forever. i agree with Judith, i feel that she's in peace NOW finally.
    Turner

    ReplyDelete
  9. she always gonna be our baby ... flaws and all but she was great.
    skylar

    ReplyDelete