Thursday, October 4, 2012

Command Performance

Thinking of my Mom/Pops and my childhood upbringing, I would love to see my parents dance, and I loved hearing my mother sing, and btw she had a voice of an angel, very Aretha Franklin like, and resembled her a little too, that was in the days when Ree Ree was on her game about keeping that weight in check, anyways moving on.  I choose this performance by Al Green because he was the man and he ruled everything in the R&B world at that time, such funky no excuses soul, and in my mother's eyes could do no wrong.  I loved the way he wrapped his vocals around these two songs and how he had his captive audience mesmerized.  He delivery was effortlessly, timeless and a staple of what true raw talent and confidence can produce.  Enjoy "We've Only Just Begin" and "Lets Stay Together" from this dynamic 70's superstar!

4 comments:

  1. great performance. like your mother I sooooooooooooooooo loved al green, he was all kinds of sexxy.
    Octavia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this performance of the sexxy Al Green, these kids dont really know anything about this man, but he is a god to music. thanks for posting.
    Julianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. brother Al battled many demons but you could never say anything negative about his gift, it really is a treasure.
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. like your family my Mother was in luv with Al Green, he was the standard of soul, so good and always delievered a great performance.
    Miles

    ReplyDelete