Monday, December 17, 2012

Always Be My Baby ...

Dearest Whitney,
Hello beautiful, it's been another week without you.  I was at Divas LIVE last night, which featured tributes to you and Donna Summer, it was produced by your musical director Rickey Minor.  Unfortunately again, it was a tribute to you gone wrong, though well intended Jordan Sparks, Ledisi and Melonie Fiona none of them were able to capture the essence of who you really were, and the power of your voice and stage presence.  The redeeming moment of your tribute was the stage design which was LARGER than life, which spoke to your personality, beauty and your gifted voice.  I look to the day when the music industry will give you a 2-hour righteous tribute that you rightfully deserve, along the lines of what The Grammys/CBS did last month.  God gave you such a unique gift and though you are gone, your light continues to shine bright.  My heart can only imagine how Krissi  and your mother Cissy is coping without your being here, it pains me to fathom the thought.  For me a hole will forever be in my heart.  I continue to thank you for the beautiful presence that you brought to my life.  Until next week, rest easy my beautiful princess. RIP

8 comments:

  1. I found the show to be a wasted two hours, it rarely lives up to the hype. That gay host was too much for our children to see. The Divas show was encouraging the first two years Aretha, Celine and Mariah, and the other with Cher, Tina Turner and Whitney Houston, after that all bad, and last night was the worst.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will always love whitney. she was one of a kind truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHITNEY spirit lives!!
    marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clive Davis knew what he had in Whitney, unfortunately, she's worth more death than alive. It's the world that we live in, it's crazy. Her memory wont ever die.
    Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whitney Whitney Whitney .... I still call your name. I will never forget you. I pray for your baby Bobbi Kristina everyday, I'm so worried about her.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for your weekly notes to Whitney, it keeps her memory alive and it's always positive about her, so refreshing. I know that she's smiling down.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. she was larger than life, with a incredible voice that few will ever touch if any. i miss her, and it saddens me that we will never get new music from her.

    ReplyDelete