Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Classic Movie -- Classic Movies lines ...


The Color Purple is over 25 years old, but it seems like yesterday that I watched it for the very first time.  It's a timeless piece of art.  Oprah Winfrey and Whoopi Goldberg both made their film debuts, with a star studded cast, the story deals with sisterly love, family incest, a lesbian affair, love betrayal, surrender, a juke joint, separation and the love of God.  Some of my favorite lines ...

'Us been driving all night long, thought the cops was gonna pull us over for sure,  what us got to eat' - Shug Avery

Your kids, so nice and so clean, would you like to be my maid?  Hell naw ... what did you say, I said HELLLLLLL NAW, gal what did you say to Miss Millie, I said Hell naw - Sophia

I think is pisses God off not to notice the Color Purple - Celie

2 comments:

  1. those are good lines, but in my opinion so other really good one too, like you and nothing but a big ole heffa. ha ha ha - rae dawn chong

    ReplyDelete
  2. you told Harpo to beat me ...

    ReplyDelete