Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Never Forget Your Blue Eyed Soul ...

Teena Marie was one of my childhood favorite singers, she was my very first journalism interview, which I remember like it was yesterday.  I dug her music, and her soul.  For so long she was my escape for everything good, bad or indifferent.  Later in life, I got to spend time in her company, and to be invited into her home, it was a very special time.  Two years ago today, she was taking an afternoon nap at 1pm only to never wake ... a very sad time indeed, but I'm left with nothing but good memories, and I'll be grateful to her for helping to shape my childhood, and for my friends Toni Seawright and T'gia Jones for keeping me in touch with her through the years.  I'm eternally grateful.  Lady Tee, I know that you are singing with the angels, and that band, that choir and those vocalists are having the jam session of a lifetime, and of course I know that all of you are smiling down, because I and the rest of your legion of fans, we remember~ RIP

5 comments:

  1. musically Kevin you've taken two MAJOR blows in the last two years. hang in there bruh, you'll see them again, so keep living it right.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my Irons in the Fire ... she was a refreshing inspiration. RIP Lady Teen

    ReplyDelete
  3. very underrated ... true artist who fought the record industry and won. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  4. sucky for love baby and young love were my all time favorties

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need your lovin, square biz, since day one and fire and desire were my fav's by Teena. i miss her

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete