Monday, December 31, 2012

Always Be My Baby ...

Dearest Whitney,
Today is the last day of 2012.  I never could have believed that I would get the call on February 11th, telling me your ulitmate fate, it still pulls at my soul.  The year end reviews all have you listed as the #1 passing of 2012, in a morbid kind of way, you're doing in the afterlife what you did in life, capture the #1 spot.  I will never be the same, I continue to watch footage of some of your shows, and I smile, and I get all the emotions of loss and longing.  You were the artist that touched my soul, the one who I connected with emotionally, and the one that I could relate to, your voice so purifying and how sure you were.  Easily looking back at 2012, I know what was the saddest day, and It was one of the days that my life was forever changed, literally the music died, it was a stun to the industry and we are still recovering from your loss.  Whitney Elizabeth Houston, you came and changed the rules of the pop music game, a little black girl breaking color barriers with no peers, it had to be a lonely place.  As always I hope that you're at peace, the one that gets your the greatest understanding, as you so richly deserve.  Until next week, rest easy my beautiful princess.  Forever missing you. RIP

16 comments:

  1. I got semi depressed the other day thinking that 2013 will be our first year without Whitney...

    ReplyDelete
  2. whitney shadow covers me. i miss her so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good bye 2012. Thankful for life. Sad for loss. Whitney you were here in a very big way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodbye 2012-thank you for the laughter and the tears. Still, 2012 will forever be the year I will never forget for Its the year I shed tears to the woman I admired the most.

    I ♥ You Whitney Elizabeth Houston,Now and Forever. I will always look to you,Like you never left. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. ♥♥♥♥♥ Whitney and I'm missing her so much every day.

    kelsi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whitney always comes to me in my dreams, so I still have a part of her with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whitney Houston no more pain, no more suffering. Like Kim Burrell said, a change had to come, done with the worries or the world. She can finally rest, yes we will forever miss her, but she's earned her wings.

    Terrell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will always love Whitney ... she always gave 'Good Love'. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reflecting on the past year seems so hard to do. I have One Moment In Time playing right now & thinking of this year saddens me, so many un-answered question still remain.

    Whitney, just know this...

    I think you are the most amazing, talented individual I ever had the pleasure of being in the same life time as. Seeing you live in 2010 made my dreams come true, I wish I had stepped up to the stage to ask you for a duet. When you passed away, half of me went with you. I will praise you're name forever more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Whitney forever

    ReplyDelete
  11. she's surely missed, still doesn't seem real.
    marcus

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I should stay ..... my my my please stay. Whitney I can never forget you.
    sean

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always a lady who owned her sh*t. Whether you agreed or not, you had to respect her. RIP nippy. You will never leave my heart.

    tyler

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's hard to say goodbye

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Whitney forever .... Happy New Year 2013

    ReplyDelete
  16. my first year without whitney, not such a happy new year. I miss her more and more each day. Sucks to be me right now.
    Jay

    ReplyDelete