Friday, March 19, 2010

The Comfort Zone - Pilot Episode

CUT TO:
JACKIE’S LEAVING HER APARTMENT. SHE SEE’S ARLISS AND KATIE IN THE HALLWAY.

KATIE
Uh Ah..No she isn’t leaving her apartment at this time a morning. Like she’s on a late night creep,or sumetin. Hey Ms. desperately seeking anything... Are you doing laundry? Well with that outfit that you have on,are you moonlighting as a clean up lady?
JACKIE
Where Are the two of you Coming from?
KATIE
Better Question is where are you going at 2:30 In the morning? It’s not like you got a man.
ARLISS
Hey Jackie. Sorry that we’re so loud. We’re just getting in from the concert...and some of us have been drinking more than others.
JACKIE
So I see. Ha Ha. I’m on my way to the airport to pick up Hilton.
ARLISS
Can you believe It?
JACKIE
Believe What?
ARLISS
If we know Jackie then I’m CERTAIN that you know.
Jackie
What are you talking about?
KATIE
HILL TELLS YOU EVERYTHING!! So you don’t have to act like you’re having a Blonde moment.
JACKIE
Is someone going to tell me or...
ARLISS
Hill called me and.....
CUT TO:CAR RIDE TO THE AIRPORT.
KATIE
I can’t believe this happened. It’s Christmas and you know how Hilton feels about Christmas. Guess It was a howdy dowdy not so happy Merry Christmas!!
ARLISS
I can! You can’t turn a booty call into a four year relationship.
JACKIE
Especially with an inconsiderate bitch, sorry but I must call her the way I see...
ARLISS
It’s really not Penny’s fault. Hilton...
KATIE
You can’t be serious!
JACKIE
He’s probably going to be crushed,so let’s not ask him any questions...unless he brings it up. Agreed?
KATIE
Agreed!!
ARLISS
Agreed!!
Silence..
Jackie contemplates what she will say to Hilton. She’s heated that she had to find out from Arliss and Katie why Hilton was back.
Hilton opens the car door to get In, he’s embarrassed and uncomfortable that Arliss and Katie came with Jackie . No one knows what to say....so they say nothing for a minute.

HILTON
Hey..... what are you guys up to? I’m hungry. What’s open?
Jackie knows that Hilton is covering up. Trying to act so upbeat and nonchalant.
JACKIE
Hilton what happened? Why are you back so early?
Arliss and Katie eagerly awaits Hilton’s answer. Hilton’s tone changes to short and curt.
HILTON
I don’t want to talk about it....and before you ask i’m still not going to your family’s Christmas dinner.
It’s so tense; In the car now that you could cut the air with a chain saw. Katie being her obnoxious self, She says something inappropriate.
KATIE
Ewwww... What’s that smell? Damn Jackie haven’t I warned you about keeping your hair weaves in too long. Girl you’re never going to be a white girl. Hilton I know you’re pissy right now,but it does stink in here,and I am not accustomed to rank smells. Feel me?

FADE OUT.
...to be continued

3 comments:

  1. Okay cool, more characters. I think you could add a character who is more 'hood', but that's just me.
    Timothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. more characters..I'm liking it so far. Where are you going with this story? When is it going to be released?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! When do you plan to present it to Hollywood? Remember when you make it big…..don’t forget us small folks.
    J

    ReplyDelete