Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Comfort Zone - Pilot

con't

ONE HOUR LATER. THE GANG IS FINALLY READY AND LEAVE FOR DINNER. THE FRIENDS ARE LAUGING AND BEING SILLY ON THE RIDE TO DINNER. JACKIE IS A LITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT DINNER. STILL TRYING TO LIVE UP TO HER MOTHER’S EXPECTATIONS,AND LETTING HER DOWN,BECAUSE SHE’S NOT MARRIED,DOESN’T HAVE A CHILD,NOR A JOB. HILTON STARES OUT INTO TO SPACE...AND KATIE AND ARLISS HAVE ALREADY STARTED TO GET THEIR BUZZ ON TO DEAL WITH JACKIE’S FAMILY. AFTER ALL IT’S CHRISTMAS ...LET’S ALL BE JOYOUS AND MERRY.They arrive to the Riley family home. They knock at the door.
MRS. RILEY
Who Is It?
JACKIE
It’s me Mother..
MRS. RILEY
Merry Christmas baby, you’re late. Get in here. And I see you brought the rest of the family.
HILTON
Merry Christmas Mother Riley. How are you?
MRS. RILEY
Merry Christmas Hilton baby. I wasn’t expecting to see you. I thought that you were in Atlanta.
HILTON
I was. Is the food ready? I’m starving.
ARLISS
Merry Christmas Mrs Riley. You’re looking beautiful as always.
MRS. RILEY
Arliss umph umph umph boy If I was only fifteen years younger. Come on In here and give me a hug with your fine self.
KATIE
Merry Christmas. I brought potato salad.
MRS. RILEY
Hey baby. Put that salad in the kitchen.
JACKIE
Where’s Dad? Did Jeffrey make It yet?
MRS. RILEY
Your Father is in the study. Jeffrey hasn’t arrived yet.
HILTON
It’s a little quiet in here. Let me put some music on..Christmas music.
JACKIE
Good idea..and Hilton please remember that Whitney Houston isn’t the only one who ever recorded a Christmas CD okay....
HILTON
She’s not? Hmmm how interesting. At any rate I’ll see what I can come up with.
While Hilton Is getting the music together. Mrs. Riley is trying to get Jackie alone so she can find out why Hilton is not still in Atlanta.
MRS. RILEY
Jackie can you get my eyeglasses out of my bedroom?
JACKIE
Mother did you invite me over to be your errand girl? In case you haven’t notice I don’t live here anymore.
MRS. RILEY
Girl don’t get me started. You’re not too old for me to...
JACKIE
Mother I’m just kidding. I’ll get them.
MRS. RILEY
Thank you .... now that’s the daughter that I gave birth to.
JACKIE
Mother where did you say that your glasses were?
MRS. RILEY
Please excuse me everyone. I have to get my glasses,for some reason Jackie can’t seem to find them.
JACKIE
Mother .... I could've found them...
MRS. RILEY
Girl I could care less about those damn glasses. I’m trying to get the dirt on Hilton. Now spill the beans. Why didn’t he go to Atlanta.
JACKIE
Mother...um... I can’t tell...
MRS. RILEY
What gives? What’s going on with Hilton? I thought that you said that he and Penelope were back together?
JACKIE
So did he apparently. See I’ve already said to much.
MRS. RILEY
Jacqueline Antionette Henderson are you now keeping secrets from your own Mother? Need I mention the four weeks that I was in labor with you? My figure...gone. I gave all of that up for you...and NOW you want to start keeping secrets from me? Well I....
JACKIE
Mother please. Hilton already thinks that I tell you all of his business and that I can’t keep my mouth closed.
MRS. RILEY
Okay already. It’s okay you don’t have to tell me. I guess I must be doing something wrong. You’re living In that big city with your city slicker friends....guess you don’t need your Mother anymore.
JACKIE
Okay Mother Okay...but you can’t tell a soul. Promise me...
MRS. RILEY
Has your Mother ever failed you sweetie?
CUT TO:
Meanwhile downstairs Jackie’s relatives are playing twister. Hilton,Katie, and Arliss are conversing with Aunt Velma who obviously has had one too many drinks. Christmas music is blaring and the spirit of the Christmas season is in the air as they all anticipate a great Christmas dinner.

KATIE
Arliss I’m glad that Jackie was able to convince Hilton to come to dinner. I think being around people will take his mind off of things.
ARLISS
I certainly hope so...and if it doesn’t, I’m sure seeing Jackie’s Aunt Velma lit will at least provide temporary brain fartage.
HILTON
What are you two talking about? Hmm let me guess plans for your exit after dinner?
KATIE
No we’re here for the duration doing time at cell block R better known as the Riley compound.
ARLISS
It’s not that bad..and beside I love It when Aunt Velma gets drunk because you always know that someone’s head is gonna roll or someone’s business will be told.
HILTON
You’re absolutely right about that. She really is drinking a lot...actually more than her usual self. Guess Uncle Ben will be getting lucky tonight.
KATIE
Hill now you’re just being bad. Quiet her she comes.
AUNT VELMA
Are we all having fun kids?
(Together) Yes.
AUNT VELMA
Ahh to be young again. You kids skin so fresh,vibrant and clean. You have the bodies of life..well um at least two of your bodies are in shape. Katie..girl you know you could...
Hilton see’s that Aunt Velma is really tipsy and starting to be insensitive to Katie. So he Interrupts her convo.
HILTON
Aunt Velma come on and dance with me.
AUNT VELMA
Okay. Now I’ll show you what your girlfriend ..what’s her name?
HILTON
Penelope
AUNT VELMA
That’s right. I’ll show you how to really move. She don’t know nothing about this.
HILTON
Aunt Velma you’re a mess.
AUNT VELMA
Well you kids don’t understand how to really dance. All that hip gyration and booty shaking is not dancing.
HILTON
At the club I see It all..and some of the dances that I see, I think that you’d even approve of.
AUNT VELMA
Boy put your arms around my hips and get this education. Hold me close...now tell me when are you going to let Penelope make a honest man out of you. Time is passing and you’re not getting any younger.
HILTON
Well I think that we’re getting close to it soo.... Excuse me Aunt Velma Katie needs me.
KATIE
That dance ended abruptly.
HILTON
Yeah it was getting too hot for all the wrong reasons. Where Is Jackie?
ARLISS
I think that her Mother put her work. Well I need a drink. Need anything?
KATIE
Aunt Velma is in rare form tonight..so make me a double shot of anything that’s strong.
HILTON
I’ll have some white wine.
ARLISS
Hill it’s Christmas a celebration with family and friends. Have something with a little kick.
HILTON
Well surprise me.
Meanwhile upstairs. Jackie has told her Mother Hilton’s Atlanta story.

MRS. RILEY
Jackie I can’t believe that Penelope stood Hilton up at the airport.
JACKIE
Tell me about it. Mother for the life of me. I don’t know what that girl put on Hilton. It’s like his sense of reason seems to go out the window whenever she’s around.
MRS. RILEY
That poor boy. He would be a catch for any women. I prayed that he’d propose to you for years...Just think I could be a real grandmother by now. Why didn’t?...
JACKIE
Mother I know that It’s hard for you to understand. Men and Women can be just friends. Hilton and I are closer than a husband and wife. We’ve been there for each other through some very weathered storms. He’s my best friend.
MRS. RILEY
I know honey. Your father is not only my husband he’s my best Friend. So maybe you should..

Jackie’s Dad enters the room. And not a moment to soon.

JACKIE
Hi Daddy. Merry Christmas. I put your present under the tree. Don’t worry it’s not anything that you’ll regret. It’s not another tie.....I’m sure Mother got you one of those.
MR RILEY
Hey baby. How’s Daddy’s favorite girl? I see your Mother is up to her antics about you and Hilton again. Helen leave that child alone. I’m happy that she’s single....because I’m the only man who really matters in her life.

....to be continued

2 comments:

  1. Hey bruh, you got me paying attention. What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you post the entire script. Why Katie so hood?

    ReplyDelete