Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm Just Saying...


Zoe Saldana is on the cover of Glamour magazine’s April 2010 edition and discusses race and what she wants the most out of life:
GLAMOUR: In past interviews, you’ve bristled on the topic of race. Why?
ZOË SALDANA: Because ethnic is a word that doesn’t exist in my vocabulary. In Hollywood, you hear things like, “Oh, they loved you but they want to go more traditional.” That’s the new N word. So when [someone says] I look “dark,” I say, “Dark compared to whom? This is just my skin.”
“I want to have more sex, travel more, drink more wine and love life.” Don't we all Zoe, don't we ALL. I'm Just Saying..

Sade continues to move units of her "Soldier Of Love" CD, as she retains the #1 spot for the third week in a row, in next weeks Billboard magazine. Welcome Back Sade, we've missed you.

Brooklyn's Finest opens tomorrow in theatres nationwide. The movie is OFF DA HOOK. Ethan Hawke, Richard Gere, Don Cheadle and roach monkey Wesley Snipes are doing thing thang. Snipes haven't had this kind of box office luck in years, soon as he made that remark about not being interested in black women, there went his draw. Oh boy was reduced to appearing in infomercials and trying to stay one step in front of the law. Director Antoine Fuqua captured a great moment on film. Y'all should check it out this weekend.

In baby news Rebecca Gayheart and Eric Dane welcomed a baby girl, and Keyshia Cole and fiancé Daniel “Boobie” Gibson welcomed a son. Congrats to both couples.

Ke$ha of "Tik Tok" fame, recently threw garbage cans(not literally) at Britney Spears, she said that it's not fair for Britney Spears to lip sync at her concerts, when people are paying their hard earned money. I have to agree with her. I can't wait to see what Britney Spears has to say....I'm sure it will be more than her usual "Hey Y'all" comments.

Erykah Badu performed “Window Seat” on the Jimmy Fallon show last night from her upcoming album New Amerykah Part Two: Return of the Ankh. I'm really liking this song! Seems that Ms. Badu is ready to reclaim her throne, and it's ABOUT time!!

Ciara has kept pretty quiet concerning the gossip and talk surrounding her failed Fantasy Ride project (which had a lot to do the with the pockets of Matthew Knowles), but she’s not keeping quiet any longer! This new track, “I’m Up In The Bank” surfaced from Ciara featuring The Dream and she address all the negativity surrounding her career by reminding us that she’s “up in the bank!”

The Oscars is THIS SUNDAY, and I'll say congratulations NOW to Sandra Bullock, Jeff Bridges AND Mo'Nique, though as I've said before Ive mixed feelings about Mo getting the stature, she did a great job, that's not my point. I hope in the future the Academy will recognize us in a more positive light, with the positive roles that we do, like Sidney Poitier in Lilies of The Field Jamie Foxx in Ray,Cuba Gooding in Jerry McGuire or Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls. Also you know Angela Bassett damn sure should have won for her portrayal of Tina Turner in "What's Love Got To Do With" However it goes...I know all three will come home winners!!!

Remember to every rumor, there's a certain bit of truth to it.

Hey Oprah, Dave Letterman, Wendy Williams and Ellen..

9 comments:

  1. Zoe is fine, great picture choice. You're right about Angela Bassett, she was brilliant as Tina Turner. I don't agree with you about Monique, who cares what she's playing...long as we win.
    Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Sandra Bullock in Blind Side. Wesley Snipes career is over. He's getting what he deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. man I can't wait to see brooklyn's finest tomorrow. I hate you for going to the premiere, you're always see crap before us. I'm keep telling you that we should date, always playing hard to get with your same old "i'm not dating anyone" stories. let me find out differently then it's ON LIKE RAE DAWN CHONG:)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kev' in the furture can you give us a heads up any worthy LIVE performances...bcuz I missed Erykah Badu on Jimmy Fallon.
    Viv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciara deserves to have another try, and maybe she should try a new management company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monique is going to laugh her way all the way to the Oscar podium.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant wait to see Brookln's Finest tomorrow. Im hearing really good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that Keyshia Cole turns out to be a better mother than her mother Frankie. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zoe is the next big thing for our culture, and I'm always proud when I see her on the screen.

    ReplyDelete