Friday, March 26, 2010

The Comfort Zone - Pilot

Con't

MRS. RILEY
Al please don’t start with me. It’s christmas. I still have my hopes and dreams you know.
MR RILEY
I know baby,but you’re beating a dead horse.
JACKIE
Come on you two. If it’s meant for me to get married and have kids I will. Unfortunately today that’s not my reality. You act like 31 Is ancient and that my life is almost over.
MR RILEY
I tell your mother that all the time.
MRS. RILEY
Girl the moment that you came into this world your father hasn’t been able to see straight. He thinks the earth merely exists just for you. You see how he’s always on your side.
JACKIE
Oh Mother that is not true.
MRS. RILEY
Back to the matters at hand. What are we going to do about Penelope?
MR RILEY
Hilton’s Penelope?
MRS. RILEY
Alvin, Hilton flew to Atlanta to be with her and she never showed up at the Airport.
MR RILEY
I thought that Hilton was downstairs? Atlanta...what are you talking about? I’m always excluded.
MRS. RILEY
That’s what I just said. He Is downstairs but he was stranded at the Airport in Atlanta less than twenty four hours ago.
JACKIE
Mother this really isn’t your concern at all. Remember I wasn’t suppose to tell you. Now Daddy knows too.
MRS. RILEY
Your father knows how to keep a secret.
MR RILEY
Of course I know how to keep a secret Helen. The question is can you?
JACKIE
Good one Daddy. I need to get back down stairs to my friends.
Jackie goes back downstairs to her hang out with her friends and relatives.
HILTON
Jackie where have you been?
JACKIE
Upstairs talking to my folks and helping my Mother get ready. It’s always a episode/event deciding what wigs matches which dress.
HILTON
Well this gathering is going much better than I thought it would. Your Aunt Velma is sauced. Your Uncle Ben Is going to be a happy man tonight. (laughing) Your grandmother’s dementia has fully kicked int. She keeps telling me that she thinks that it’s someone surprise birthday party,but she doesn’t remember who’s birthday It is. Of course I keep telling her that It’s Christmas, then all of a sudden she remembers..saying “that’s right”..and less then three minutes later...she’s back to the same question. How does you Mother cope with that daily?
JACKIE
Well maybe now you know why she looks so forward to these gatherings, outside stimuli helps tremendously to cope. If she had her way I don’t think that she would've ever retired. She needs her brain motors exercised daily.
HILTON
Well no wonder she feels like she needs to maintain an inventory on everyone’s life. Hell It’s not our fault that she’s miserable.
JACKIE
Maybe her life is not as rewarding as before her retirement,but I wouldn’t say miserable.
KATIE
I would. Where Is Jeffery? This gathering It’s going to get really crunk/lively when he gets here with all his shenanigans. And I can’t wait.
ARLISS
Jackie how old Is your cousin Melissa She’s being eyeing me all night. I think I might get her number. She’s a hottie... are you sure that’s she’s really a blood relative? Because she’s beautiful!!
JACKIE
Okay R. Kelly. She’s fourteen. And yes she is a blood relative thank you very much.
ARLISS
(shocked) WHAT? You can’t be serious. That girl is stacked front and back. Who’s her Mother?

.....to be continued!!

3 comments:

  1. This script is funny. I read that someone got to read the entire script. How can I be down? I could see this on television. Great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that you were a screenwriter. I went back and read this cz script from the beginning. Thus far I like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie is not a ghetto name. you should give her something like LaCienega, Peaches or Imunique'. LOL

    ReplyDelete