Friday, March 5, 2010

This Bitter Earth/TGIF

Hello Everyone ... It's Friday and it's been a week!!!
Some days you wake up and hell is on your side, and who would've ever thought that could be the brightest of your realities. When you've fought the best fight that you possibly could, yet you find yourself up against a brick wall. What happened to the theory good guys finish last? Often times you come away feeling that slogan is best saved for a Hallmark greeting card. We're taught to believe in a higher power, we're told not to question.

Everyone has had one of those days. You turn your television on and you watch the news, if it's not Hurricane Katrina or Rita, the Twin Towers, Haiti or Chile. Makes you question who is looking out for these people in a world that we're born destined to die. Today this may not be the read that you were looking for. Obstacles add to your level of strength, what happens when you no longer have the fight in you? That speaks more to another slogan, sometimes life isn't fair.

For the nonsmoker who gets with lung cancer, for the couple that encouraged their child to join the military, that never returns home, for the dutiful Father who goes against the odds of society, by actually 'being' a good father, always putting the kids and wife needs in front of his own, and never goes to doctor only to find out that he has throat cancer. For the little kid crossing the street who gets killed by a driver talking on their cell phone.

Today we speak about struggles, because life isn't always pretty, and happy endings are NOT always guaranteed. The time that we're allowed on earth, was never meant to be perfect, the battle scars, the tears that you shed, to realize that you're not alone, to realize that anger is a part of conquest, the realization that victory comes in not giving up. Suicide should not be an option, yet some accept it, pain is real, and is not to disregard, but to open yourself up to other avenues and other methods of digesting.

This week was about screaming out loud, people are in much pain, and though bleak, I say stand up and be present to be the testimony of a breakthrough. So to the Mrs. Johnson's, Mr. Bernstines, Mr. Bohanan's, Ms. N. Thompson's, Mrs. Knighton's and ____________ of the world, I stand with you, I admire you, and most of all, I empathized with you!

What Are You Doing With You Life?

18 comments:

  1. I see someone had a week from hell like me. Hang in there bruh, I'm coping too. I'm glad to know that i'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Boo.
    I know I'm slow, so sometime I can't read between the lines of what's written in plain sight.
    So please help me out. What are you really saying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith is always going to be tested. Calling on God only when you need isn't the answer is to acknowledge him in your day to day, to realize that you life is priviledged, you're owed nothing. Seems like you had a really hard week...we've all been there before. Pray, and remain steadfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin your chose the right song, so realize that 'it's already, alright'. God got this for you and for your following. In this life rain is gonna fall, get that imbrella la la out and prepare for combat.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. You bet testify,this week you weren't sugar coating shit. that's what we need sometimes the harsh realities. I'm with you Deacon.
    Jarvis

    ReplyDelete
  6. The world is need of redemption. Naturaal disasters are little wake up calls, we're just not paying attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn Kev' you had me gasping today, no air huh? Tell me about your week. What's really going?
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is when we are at the end of our fight, when there is no fight left in us, that is when we call out to the only One who can fight for us, truly, be there for us.The only One who died , so that we may live , but it is in Him, we live and move and have our being. Not our self will,or our way, WE ALONE CAN DECIDE TO TURN to Him, see, that is the beauty, it is of our own free will. Christ is the highest Gentleman, He does not push, as this may seem like I am. . . When we are humbled enough to know, that it is not me, be He, is who I turn to. . .Jesus is Alive and here, waiting for that moment of surrender in all our lives, it can take alot to get there, but beleive, you are not in this alone,many moments of surrender, He is Faithful, and will be there always

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is your time to once again surrender to the only one who can truly help, believe, Jesus is there for you

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your thought process, I juggle back and forth when things go bad, but I do know that God is always in control. I like how you put thoughts out there, and we have to decide for ourselves the stance that we want to take. Thanks for doing what you do weekly. You're a vessel for many.
    Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kevin, if anyone really knew you, they would know your heart, and wouldn't think that it's your take on God and your beliefs, but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Continue to journey on little soldier.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just Mayhem.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ever heard of the saying to whom much is given,MUCH is required? This is a test for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this harsh reality with no easy answers, you're making us think out loud. I like the way you mediate.
    Issac

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dammit every now and then I catch real glimpses into your psyche's and how potent are you. I love this piece, it bitter, it's angry, it's even hopeful, but more than all it's NOT apolegitic, You better get yours.
    Yeric

    ReplyDelete
  16. Reading your TGIF reminded of Marvin Gaye's concept Lp, "What's Goin On" that brother was profound, and I find you to be the same way, I think people will cling to your words, long after you've gone. Don't stop believing in what you do. People need to hear your words.
    Leif

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had to re-read your TGIF a few times at first I thought you were out of your mind, I couldn't really follow your thought process, it angered me, then I came back to it, and read it again. This time I kinda followed your intent, today I read it again, and I like your thought process, I realize that if a piece can anger you, that means, some truth must be in there. Today I know that shit isn't easy, and we don't always have a happy ending. What I realize is we're all looking for that breakthough. Thanks young man.
    Margarie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kevin,

    This was a perfect read!!! and a reminder that life is indeed a roller coaster and sometimes its fun and you scream with excitment and other times you scream because it's scary as hell.

    I love the phrase "...and this too shall pass" because no matter what, if you really look at what/who you have been exposed to in your life, you find out that it all helped you deal with the scary times that lead to easier times; that and tons of prayers.

    Take care and Thanks.

    ReplyDelete