Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Comfort Zone - The Pilot Episode

JACKIE
No all I know is that you called Arliss and Katie,which I’m still baffled about,but I don’t know the whole story?
HILTON
Baffled? You know your mouth,you can’t hold water.
JACKIE
Come on Hill tell me what happened.
HILTON
I don’t want this to be fodder for you family’s Christmas dinner.
JACKIE
Please tell me.
HILTON
Not ONE word to your family Jackie. I...
JACKIE
Okay, Okay.
HILTON
I can’t believe what a fool I’ve been. Me of all people. You know that I don’t get down like that. On Christmas of all days..I’m left waiting in a deserted airport with presents,looking like a bo zo.
JACKIE
Maybe something happened to her. Did you call the hospitals...or
HILTON
I called everywhere. Why would she do this to me? Why did she call wanting me to come? Just head game after head game. Never again will I put my heart on the line. That’s why I don’t allow anyone to get close to me. Proving my point time and time again.
JACKIE
Hilton. You know how I feel about Penelope. She wasn’t the nicest person. She Always seemed a little too aloof for my tastes. Just a cooook.
HILTON
I should never have flown to Atlanta. Hell she moved and didn’t call me for over three months. That should've been my first clue.
JACKIE
Well none of us ever understood,why you were so ga ga over Penelope. I mean when she told you that she didn’t get along with her Mother and she didn’t believe God...you should've dropped her then.
HILTON
It’s not that easy Jackie. If you haven’t noticed.. I’m not the easiest person to get close to. You know this. The one time that I take a chance on someone,and i was finally starting to feel that i could belong and have someone to really love me for me. What was I..
JACKIE
Hilton. You followed your heart. I wouldn’t have done It. We can’t change the outcome of the past. You need to man up. We didn’t want you to do it or date her,but you did it anyway. So own It. A mistake was made. It happens.
HILTON
Sigh! I let her in. She knows all my secrets, my fears, my shotcomings, my hopes and my past...EVERYTHING! I thought that she was going to be my wife.
JACKIE
Wife. Hilton snap out of It? She’s not even Tiger Woods mistress worthy. I didn’t think that you should've gone to Atlanta,which is what I said to you yesterday.

...To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment