Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Comfort Zone - Pilot

HILTON
Jackie you’re the one who’s always telling me to take chances. Let people In. Wasn’t that you? Am I wrong here?
JACKIE
Yes I did say that,but....
HILTON
But what? You just didn’t like Penn. She was so beautiful, she made me feel special, and she give me confidence, she believed in me, when I didn’t believe in myself. Growing up girls like that were out of my league. You remember Kim Nious don’t you? Exactly!!
JACKIE
You’ve dated beautiful girls before.
HILTON
She was pedigreed. Elite,sophisticated,fine and the sex..OMG I’m still having wet dreams.
JACKIE
Maybe that’s your problem thinking with the wrong head.
HILTON
Easy for you to say, we all know about your cob webs.... I’m sorry that was out of line. I’m just so embarrassed.
JACKIE
Hill you’re the most prideful person that I’ve ever met. You need to realize that you’re human. You cut and bleed like everyone else.
HILTON
Well I’m trying to learn that human lesson. Humility was never addressed to my mail box.
JACKIE
Well you’re not the first to get your heart broken.... u got stranded at the airport, now that was harsh. Just left. Like a piece of luggage.
HILTON
Tell me about It. Hell I’m the only person that I know who ever got left too ... Shit. The thing that still gets me Is that if she called right now,I’d be on the next flight.
Jackie stands back in amazement...speechless.
JACKIE
What does Pennelope have on you..for what reason? Why would you even think to go back?
HILTON
............uh she loves me..and I love her...should I go on.?
JACKIE
Jackie just stares at him....silently
All a sudden there’s a knock at the door. Knock Knock. They both look at each other...wondering who’s at the door? Hilton thinks that It could be Penelope,and Jackie thinks, that it’s a possibility, and it would be the worst thing,because she’s not good for him. Although Jackie knows that It would make Hilton happy..she just doesn’t get It. She feels that he deserves better.
JACKIE
Who is It?
KATIE
It’s me Katie.
HILTON
(shows his disappointment,that it’s not penelope)
JACKIE
(moans a sigh of relief)
HILTON
Damn,what does she want?
JACKIE
I’ll get rid of her,because we’re going to finish this.
KATIE
Damn Jackie don’t you have your own place?
JACKIE
Yes. We were about...
KATIE
I Know you’re about to go to your family’s happy ho down,but I came to see how Hill was doing.
JACKIE
Actually I’m trying to convince Hilton to go with me to my family’s dinner.
KATIE
And he’s refusing?? Hmmm I wonder why, LOL Your family has it’s own version of Ringling Brother’s just a bunch of clowns and characters?
HILTON
OKAY!! (chuckling)
JACKIE
Actually this year It’s a dramatic piece. (Laughing) Jeffrey is bringing one of his bobble heads to dinner...
KATIE
Anyway Hilton baby how are you doing? I know that you’re devastated. Are you going to be okay? Maybe a country grammar Christmas dinner hoe down might just be the diversion that you need.
HILTON
I don’t know. Not ready to share my dirty laundry with the world..especially with .... nevermind.
JACKIE
Uh Hello I am still in the room.
KATIE
Hell Jackie you know that you’re damn family is comic relief even when they’re not trying to be.
HILTON
Yeah wasn’t it just last year at your family reunion when Jeffrey dropped that bombshell on his ex baby momma’s man that he slept with his girl the week before..and all the positions that he had her in....
KATIE
The worse part of all, those dirty deeds were done in that man’s bed.
JACKIE
Well I’m so glad that my family can fulfill all of your amusements.
KATIE
Girl you laughed too.
HILTON
You know on second thought maybe I will go with you all to dinner. It cant’ possibly get any worse.
KATIE
Good for you. Has anyone talked to slut puppy today?
JACKIE
Actually I talked to him earlier. He was in the shower. So he’s probably dressed and ready to go.
KATIE
What’s that smell?
HILTON
That might be me. Let me take a quick shower. I’ll be ready In fifteen.

FADE OUT.

.....to be continued

3 comments:

  1. Oh now it's starting to heat up. I want to see how this plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up with Katie, why does she have so much hostility towards Jackie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm one of the lucky one's who was prevy to the entire script, and I can say Kevin Ashle, you are missing you mark, you need to be FULLY in Hollywood. I think it's only a matter of time. That's how I honestly feel. This script is really compelling and it's what we need to see on television, because seeing positives african american life is not what the media wants the world to believe. If we killing each other and doing drugs... it's the right story. Such BULLSHIT.
    Man stay on your grind, because you are on the come up. I'm proud to know you.
    Derrick Fuqua

    ReplyDelete